Browse by Category

Cost Share Programs for Tree Planting

Outdoor Heritage Fund Program

These tree plantings are meant to encourage conservation of erosion, water, farmstead and wildlife diversity. A planting done within this program must be a minimum of 3,335 feet. The landowner is eligible to receive a maximum of $25,000.00. Grant award dollars are reimbursed to an eligible vendor at 60% of the total project cost, leaving the landowner 40% of the cost to pay. Please contact us for more information or you are interested in the OHF Program

ND Windbreak Renovation Initiative

Landowners interested reviving the old windbreaks need to complete the Windbreak Renovation questionnaire located here: North Dakota Forestry Service website. This also serves as the pre-application, which are continually taken throughout the year in batches. It will then be reviewed and ranked by a forester, (at no cost), to which the application will either be approved or denied for cost-share depending on funds. Please contact Derek Lowstuter, Forest Stewardship Manager at (701) 328-9990 or (701) 537-3584. The SCD can also help you with this process.

EQIP-NRCS Program

Farm records must be established/updated with the Farm Service Agency for your land to be evaluated. Must control or own eligible land, following highly erodible land requirements. Includes: Crop and Hay land, rang eland, pastureland and non-industrial private forest lands, Indian Tribes and those with an interest in the agriculture or forestry operations. Please contact your local NRCS field office for more information.